Pewter Lowercase Letter m 47/366 - A Day In The Life S DSC_1212 N B Subway Mosaic R III yellowo with hole Bead Letter W letter N special A M-i lindo E DSC_1343

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

at long last, thing 3

Well, it's taken longer than it should have to get to this one, but it seems like everyone but me has been sick around here lately. Anyway, I've been using Bloglines as an aggregator for awhile now, so I decided to use Google Reader for this to see what the differences are. I've subscribed to some of my colleagues 23 things blogs to test Google Readers features. I actually like the way Bloglines works pretty well. The biggest problem with it is that it's always working collecting posts that I then have to remember to read. And some of those bloggers are so darn prolix that it's hard to keep up. If I don't check it for a couple of days, I've got 50 posts from either Michael Stephens or Stephen Abrams or both. If I don't have time to read all of them then, I don't read any, planning to go back later, but then there's 100, then 125, and then, when it gets to 200, it empties them out and starts over. Don't ask me how I know this, or how many times I've been reminded of it. But, for the most part, it's good stuff, so I don't want to just unsubscribe. It's like all those Professional journals that I'm on the routing lists for--I want to see them to see if there's anything worth reading, but they just kind of pile up.
I also like how, in Bloglines, I can e-mail an interesting posting to my colleagues, adding a message of my own to the email. I'll be exploring Google Reader over the next couple of days to compare the two for those kinds of advanced features. And then to Thing 4.

1 comment:

Carrie Watts said...

Hi! This is the first I've looked at your blog. I'm rededicating myself today! Nice job, Big B.