Pewter Lowercase Letter m 47/366 - A Day In The Life S DSC_1212 N B Subway Mosaic R III yellowo with hole Bead Letter W letter N special A M-i lindo E DSC_1343

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thing 9

Well, it's been a while since I've been here, but I have to admit I haven't been excited enough about the idea of collaborative editing of documents to forgo using Micorsoft Word--which I admit to hating, but at least it's familiar. On the rare occasions that I work on a document with someone else, sending attachments back and forth works just fine. Also the whole thing of inviting collaborators into the editing process just seems kind of clunky compared to just sending an email with attachment. And I never did get to the document in Zoho Writer. I kept getting a message saying "Document not found". And after playing around with Google Docs for awhile, I wasn't intrigued enough to follow up with Zoho. I suppose if a large enough community wanted to collaborate on something--say an online encylopedia--these kinds of tools would seem more useful to me. Oh yeah, that's Thing 10.

No comments: