Pewter Lowercase Letter m 47/366 - A Day In The Life S DSC_1212 N B Subway Mosaic R III yellowo with hole Bead Letter W letter N special A M-i lindo E DSC_1343

Friday, August 22, 2008

Thing 18--Youtube

Stop me! Stop me now before I watch another Obama Girl video. I have a feeling, I could really get sucked into this one. This is by far the most fun of the things. I watched A LOT of video, and had to stop myself from watching more. It also best shows the dichotomy of the web. Lots of really creative stuff with no real value other than simple amusement--like the Obama Girl series--although I suppose there is value in simple amusement. And then there's lots of interesting and valuable historical footage--like the Minneapolis bridge collapse, and a short excerpt from a history of television comedy from the early 60's narrated by Ernie Kovacs. And then there's stuff like this really creative introduction to a local library in Nebraska. I think it's really clever.





I'll probably explore YouTube more on my own, but I'm seriously concerned that I'll spend way too much time at it, so I'll have to be careful.

On to 19 and podcasts.

No comments: