Pewter Lowercase Letter m 47/366 - A Day In The Life S DSC_1212 N B Subway Mosaic R III yellowo with hole Bead Letter W letter N special A M-i lindo E DSC_1343

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Thing 17--not done yet

But I had to write about where I am so far on it. I set up a search alert on Ebsco Megafile last Thursday evening (I'm writing this on Sunday) and had the results sent to my Google Reader account. I picked a topic that I thought there would be some results but not an overwhelming amount--rfid and public libraries. Imagine my shock when I logged into my Reader account this afternoon, and saw that there were 108 messages from Ebsco. Since Thursday!! I have to say, I had visions of thousands of articles piling up over time, but it turns out that the 108 were the initial search results going back to 2006. I hopeful that, now that I've eliminated those results, I'll only get the several/week that I originally envisioned. We'll see.
This week I hope to have a chance to investigate the other features of the ELM databases listed as part of Thing 17.

1 comment:

Carolnb said...

So did you read the 100+ articles going bcak to 06?