Pewter Lowercase Letter m 47/366 - A Day In The Life S DSC_1212 N B Subway Mosaic R III yellowo with hole Bead Letter W letter N special A M-i lindo E DSC_1343

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Thing 12--I'm halfway there!

Coincidental to looking at the sites related to this thing, I was watching Almanac on Friday night, when they had a guest talking about the consolidation of broadcast and print media and how that meant that the audiences did not hear about lots and lots of stories, important or otherwise, because of it.  The guest was representing an organization that is trying to use the web to counteract that tendency.  It's an important issue, I know.  But, that being said, I don't think I'm willing to spend the time to become my own editor.  I want someone to distill the events of the day me and tell me what I need to know.  Admittedly, that's not necessarily what the mainstream media is doing, what with its fascination with Brittany, et al, but that's what the hoi polloi seem to want, so that's what we all get.  But the blogosphere  doesn't really do what I'm asking either, and the question arises about who's news selections I should trust.  So I don't think I'll be using any of these services; both because i don't have time, and because I'm a little too lazy.  And so on to Thing 13.

1 comment:

Carolnb said...

I think there os already too much designer news as it is.