Pewter Lowercase Letter m 47/366 - A Day In The Life S DSC_1212 N B Subway Mosaic R III yellowo with hole Bead Letter W letter N special A M-i lindo E DSC_1343

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing 16

I must be getting old. Not only do I not find this all that interesting, I'm not sure I see the connection to Web or Library 2.0. I will admit that, as a public librarian, this kind of assignment helper is somewhat less relevant to me than it would be to an academic librarian, especially those teaching bibliographic instruction classes. But we get a LOT of students needing help with writing papers, albeit mostly of the "where can I find information on this topic?" or "how do I cite this resource" nature. I guess that I can see keeping this in mind as one alternative to Turabian, et al., but except for remote users, I don't see a clear advantage to either of these tools.

No comments: